From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [equinox-dev] Marking org.eclipse.osgi.compatibility.state APIs as deprecated?
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2021 12:30 PM

Ed,
Thomas said he's not so enthusiast about supporting this legacy API. As you're the one feeling the need for this API to remain maintained, are you willing to maintain it in high enough quality for continued usage by consumers? If so, then it's great, it's one less change to make in Tycho. If not, then let's call a spade a spade and mark unmaintained API as deprecated for honesty towards the consumer community and enable them to make the best technical decision for their continuous success, even if this one is about leaving the Eclipse Platform for something else.