From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [equinox-dev] How does Equinox infer systemCapabilities without .profile files?
Date: Thu, Jul 16, 2020 5:10 AM

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 12:08 PM Sarika Sinha <sarika.sinha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Michael,
After Java 9, osgi does not maintain the profile for Java versions and PDE creates the Java profile.
Some relevant bugs:
 Bug 533052 Investigate how PDE would retrieve Execution Environment's system packages in Java 10 and beyond
Bug 536937 Create JavaSE-x-systempackages.profile for java 11

I think there is still something in Equinox that manages to build the framework system capability for the running Java version/system bundle, otherwise most bundles wouldn't resolve properly because of missing EE.