From: Sarika Sinha/India/IBM
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Support for Java 14 is available for Eclipse 2020-03 (4.15)
Date: Wed, Mar 18, 2020 7:56 PM

On behalf of Manoj!
Thanks & Regards,
Sarika

----- Original message -----
From: "Manoj Palat" <manoj.palat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, Mar 18, 2020 7:49 PM

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the Java 14 support for Eclipse 2020-03 (4.15).The release notably includes the support for the following Java 14 features:
  • JEP 361: Switch Expressions (Standard)
  • JEP 359 : Records (Preview)
  • JEP 368: Text Blocks (Second Preview)
The release can be obtained through one of the following ways:
1. P2 update site :https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.15-P-builds/
2. Java 14 Marketplace entry :https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/java-14-support-eclipse-2020-03-415

Additionally, the Java 14 support will be available on 4.16 I-Builds soon to download from https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

Please take the bits and try out the new feature.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in Java 14 Support for 4.15!

Regards,
Manoj N Palat
Eclipse Java Development Tools
IBM