[equinox-dev] understanding resolving results

Hey!

I am trying to understand a somewhat strange setting. I have two Eclipse installs with an identical set of bundles. Nevertheless, the dependency resolution is different (just fine for one case, package-use-constraint-violation in the other case). Therefore I am trying to understand why the resolver decides differently in those two cases.

So I am looking for strategies to debug and understand this.

Is there a way to force the resolver to resolve a specific package-import against a specific provider of that package to see what happens?
Does it make sense to debug the code directly? If so, what would be a good starting point?
Or is there another strategy to find out what is going on?

Thanks a lot for your help!
-Martin

Back to the top