Re: [equinox-dev] Seconders for bug 544061 - [releng] Reuse rt.equinox.binaries.loc in launcher-binary-parent?

Mykola,

I think the changes by itself are ok. It gives people more flexibility in building. The relative paths "../../../" only work when all clients using that property are at the same level. There should be a note on the property. This makes it tough to use. But I don't think there is a restructuring planned anytime soon. ;)

However, the Jenkins layout example is something I'd advice against. This kind a makes one Jenkins job depending on what's going on in another Jenkins job without making it obvious. It introduces a door for hidden dependency side effects. Instead I would recommend going with a build pipeline, which allows checking out two Git repositories in a single build. This ensures consistency and also allows chained/staged building. It also prevents the hidden side effect.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/