Re: [equinox-dev] Support for Java 9 modules

Thanks Tom, for the answer.

I was hoping to simplify the consumption of Maven central for RCP
development. From my Android development experience, I can tell that
it is pure fun to try out a new library (simply by adding it to the
Gradle build file). Doing the same for RCP is relatively
time-consuming (convert the lib and all of its dependencies to become
an OSGi bundle and at it to the target platform).

But from your answer, I understand that OSGi / Equinox does currently
not plan to simplify the consumption of the Java 9 modules. So we have
to stay with the old conversion process.

Thanks again for the answer, Lars