Re: [equinox-dev] Maven snapshot repository available ?

On 11/04/2017 09:42, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
One way around this, *might* be to publish / consume snapshots
only via repo.eclipse.org, not Maven Central.

In my vision, the better approach is to publish into maven central repository only the released versions of bundles.

Bundles that are part of any M# or RC# should be deployed using a full timestamp (ex: 4.7.0.v2017040112000 ), but into a different repository, a snapshot only one.
Sonatype provides one: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ and its process is described here (http://central.sonatype.org/pages/ossrh-guide.html)

About the range issues. I think that the use of version range in maven builds is not trustworthy, so I don't use them.
But I have in my build process a plugin that generates a R5 index repository from the maven based bundles dependencies and I use those repositories to setup one or more test osgi containers that allows me safely use version range when necessary.

regards,

Cristiano

Back to the top