Re: [equinox-dev] Getting equinox artifacts using maven

On 7/20/2015 1:49 PM, Thomas Watson wrote:
The Equinox SDK includes several bundles that are not actually developed as part of the Equinox project.  I'm not sure I want to have Equinox publish other Eclipse project's bundles.  I would like to start with publishing only the Equinox bits that implement the OSGi specifications.

Two questions about this:

1) Has there been any progress and/or plans WRT publishing the Equinox bits into maven repo (and ideally to public repos)?
2) For projects (ECF in this case) that have a dependency on jobs...is there any way that we could publish a maven repo that included some version of jobs and the required Equinox bundles?   Perhaps temporarily?

The reason for this is that we are getting a fair number of consumer requests to make our OSGi Remote Services implementation available as maven repo, so that it can be more easily used in (e.g.) Karaf and/or other OSGi runtimes that favor the use of maven repos.   We do make our own bundles available as a maven repo [1], but we have dependencies on 3 equinox bundles and jobs so this makes things difficult for maven-based consumers.

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://build.ecf-project.org/maven/3.10.1/

Back to the top