Re: [equinox-dev] Bundles remaining in life cyle "Starting".

Surely the other answer was right and I confused both states. Thanks for the clarification and sorry for my bad input  :(.

No sorry this is not right. Alex and Tom’s answer was correct. Please refer to section 4.4.6.2 of the OSGi Core R6 specification for details of the Lazy Activation Policy and its impact on bundle lifecycle.

Unsatisfied imports such as in your example would cause a failure of resolution, leaving the bundle in INSTALLED state.

Regards,
Neil