From:        Cristiano Gavião <cvgaviao@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Equinox <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/05/2015 09:21 AM
Subject:        [equinox-dev] Require-Capability and resolution directive doubts
Sent by:        equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all,
I'm facing a problem and would like some orientation in order to figure out if it is bug or new feature and the right component that is responsible. I'm using Juno and it equinox launcher.
So, I've set the capability below in one bundle manifest:

Require-Capability: manager;filter:="(&(area=provisioning)(vendor=*))",osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.7))"

The I configured a  launcher properly and selected some few bundles. When I tried to run, PDE's launcher validation did a good job identifying that any bundle providing such capability was selected.
But what I noted is that if I let the equinox launcher run without worry about the warnings then the bundle that PDE was complaining before is in active state. It is active even with a missing requirement.
Question,  which state that bundle should be then: installed ?

The I tried with a resolution directive (with or without quotes, because the manifest tool accepts both)

Require-Capability: manager;filter:="(&(area=provisioning)(vendor=*))";resolution:=optional,osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.7))"

But PDE's launcher validation is still complaining about the missing capability.

It this a bug or a non implemented yet feature ?

thanks,

equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx