IIRC an important point if you are doing this all in the same VM is to make sure you setup the Policy to make sure AllPermission is granted correctly.  Otherwise your currently runnig framework will all of a sudden not have sufficient permissions to continue executing.

The permission.perm files are only necessary if you want to scope the set of default permissions granted to your bundles.  The default permission set is AllPermission.  While this may be nice to do, it is not necessary.  Your tests can use the permission admin services in order to set permissions on your test bundles if you want to scope their permissions down for tests.  I find this easier to deal with because then you only need one client bundle to test different conditions based on what permissions the client bundle is granted.

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.osgi.tests/src/org/eclipse/osgi/tests/securityadmin/SecurityManagerTests.java

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---07/21/2014 02:07:11 PM---We/ECF would like to be able to run some junit plugin tests (Scott Lewis ---07/21/2014 02:07:11 PM---We/ECF would like to be able to run some junit plugin tests (junit 3 at  least, 4 if possible) with

From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/21/2014 02:07 PM
Subject: [equinox-dev] Running junit plugin tests with security manager

We/ECF would like to be able to run some junit plugin tests (junit 3 at
least, 4 if possible) with the java security manager running in the target.

Has anyone previously created/got the .java.security policy and
appropriate permission.perms that would allow this to happen?   I fussed
with creating the .java.security policy files to allow use of
EclipseStarter, junit, etc...but didn't get very far.

Thanks,

Scott