[equinox-dev] minimal workspace setup

Is there a way to minimally configure the Eclipse workspace for working with rt bundles?

For instance, I'm starting some work on `org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet`

which is dependent on

`org.eclipse.osgi`
`org.eclipse.osgi.services`

Ok, so my workspace consists of these three bundles! (checked out as part of eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator)

After installing the various missing pieces like:
- Eclipse PDE Plug-in Developer Resources
- API Tools Execution Environment Descriptions

then
- set API Baseline errors to WARN instead of ERROR
(Are there any docs for how to set the correct baseline for HEAD development? I tried a few of my Eclipse installs - e.g. Kepler - none of which completely subdued the errors)

Finally, the real conundrum is how to resolve library dependencies like the servlet API?

I'm clearly missing either a `stub` project which exports the packages or another IDE plugin which resolves these against orbit or a bundle repo somewhere.

- Ray

Back to the top