[equinox-dev] Eclipse Secure Storage - changing default encryption algorithm

Hello,

In order to comply with a govt crypto mandate, we are trying to programatically change the default value of the Eclipse Secure Storage encryption algorithm (screenshot below) - so that users of our product benefit from a higher strength algorithm (as required by the mandate); however we have not been able to find the right approach successfully to change this default value. From what I gather, the usual way to change Eclipse menu preferences (through IPreferenceStore API) doesn't seem to help in this case for org.eclipse.equinox.security, while it has helped in some other Eclipse preferences, when a colleague tried that.

Would somebody be able to guide what is the easiest/recommended method for us to change the default encryption algorithm below, so that users of our product end up using that algorithm by default? Thanks.

Back to the top