Re: [equinox-dev] Service Lookup by GUID very Slow - the Framework Scalability

I agree with Gunner.  Please open a bug report and attach a test that we can reproduce with.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Gunnar Wagenknecht ---05/10/2012 01:23:05 AM---Stanly,Gunnar Wagenknecht ---05/10/2012 01:23:05 AM---Stanly,

Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

05/10/2012 01:23 AM

Re: [equinox-dev] Service Lookup by GUID very Slow - the Framework Scalability

Stanly,

Am 08.05.2012 20:18, schrieb Stanley_Poon@xxxxxxxx:
> But the exact same example runs 50X faster on the other two OSGi
> runtime. Any thoughts? And we observed the other runtime used more
> memory. Will they be using some indexing (in memory)?

I find your report very valuable. I think at this time the best thing is
to submit a bug and attach the sample project. The project should
contain all the code that is necessary to execute the test. This allows
the developers to look at the code and run the tests. Otherwise things
might get lost in between mails.

If Equinox is really 50x slower than two other frameworks then it looks
like there is room for improvement.

Thanks!

-Gunnar

--