[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] How to stop/kill Equinox/Eclipse launcher instance correctly
- From: Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:19:06 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
There currently is no way to configure the launcher to add a shutdown hook to stop the framework properly on Ctrl-C or KILL. I suspect you could add your own shutdown hook from one of your bundles to do this though.
There are complications when trying to execute long running operations in shutdown hooks. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=46381 for some discussion on this topic.
Dmytro Pishchukhin ---05/24/2011 07:39:52 AM---Hello All,
Dmytro Pishchukhin <dmytro.pishchukhin@xxxxxxxxx>
05/24/2011 07:39 AM
[equinox-dev] How to stop/kill Equinox/Eclipse launcher instance correctly
I run equinox with eclipse launcher on linux.
I'd like to stop it correctly (= stop OSGi framework with system bundle stop)
I've found several ways how to do it:
1. with equinox console (telnet) - call "close" or "stop 0" commands
2. with OSGi Enterprise JMX API - install JMX Impl, connect with JMX client and shut down the framework
3. kill process. Bundles are not stopped correctly
1. Is it possible to configure eclipse launcher to activate or insert a shutdown hook to stop bundles correctly on Ctrl+C or KILL?
2. Are there any other ways to stop the framework correctly?
Thank you in advance.
equinox-dev mailing list