Re: [equinox-dev] Mysql Connection

Never mind

My problem was that I was trying to use the mysql driver as a separate bundle as propose in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Create_and_Export_MySQL_JDBC_driver_bundle

However now instead Im using it as a library in the same bundle I was implementing the DB connection and run perfect

On Feb 28, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Santiago Hurtado wrote:

Yes it does, the problem seems to be when I try to open the connection

connection = DriverManager.getConnection(url + dbName, userName, password);

However as I wrote before In eclipse works but on equinox standalone does not

Thanks

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:59:05 +0000
From: Neil Bartlett <njbartlett@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Mysql Connection

Does your bundle import the package "javax.naming"?

Rgds
Neil

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Santiago Hurtado Gutierrez
<s-hurtad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all
I'm writing a plugin that connects to a mysql database, when I used whiting
eclipse it works correctly, however when I try to run it in the standalone
equinox does not works
the message is:
?java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/naming/RefAddr
I have Try
Activator.getContext().getBundle().loadClass(driver).newInstance();

And

Class.forName(driver).newInstance();
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(url + dbName, userName, password);
I also try to add more bundles but still nothing
any help will be appreciate it
thanks in advance