Re: [equinox-dev] OSGi/Equinox and Java SPI

Hi Michael,

Am 09.09.2010 14:57, schrieb Michael Furtak:
> 1) Is the general incompatibility between OSGi/Equinox bundles and SPI a
> known issue?

In general, this combination is problematic. It doesn't work at all when
the consumer side only uses the system class loader. There are
workarounds using fragments or buddy class-loading if the consumer side
also is an OSGi bundle.

> 2) Is there a workaround I can use to get things working?

The only workaround for you is to make the library available to the
system classloader. You can then make the library packages available to
your OSGi bundles using boot delegation.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx