Re: [equinox-dev] enable/disable component event

Kane

>>However, the implementation of equinox's ds indeed do the enabling operation in a work thread.

This is how the OSGi spec requires the enableComponent method to behave:

112.5.1 Enabled
The enableComponent and disableComponent methods must return after changing the enabled state of the named component. Any actions that result from this, such as activating or deactivating a component configuration, must occur asynchronously to the method call. Therefore a component can disable itself.

>>My app intermittently suffer the NPE when using the service due to the enabling operation is not completed yet in other thread.

I would suggest not attempting to acquire a service registered by the recently enabled DS component, but rather create an entirely separate DS component that has a <reference> on the service you wish to acquire.  In this way you'll be certain to never get an NPE by having a DS component that will only have its configuration satisfied, and therefore activated, once you have enabled the DS component that provides the service.

Simon
http://equinoxosgi.org/