Re: [equinox-dev] Override/Extend Eclipse Class Loading

Paul is correct to point you to the adaptor hooks. That is where you can plug into the OSGi Class Loading. But the framework still has a rather strong relationship to file based bundles.

I am curious if you are trying to load the complete bundle from a DB or just some of the content?

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Ranganathan, Arun" ---07/16/2009 08:47:47 AM---Hi All,"Ranganathan, Arun" ---07/16/2009 08:47:47 AM---Hi All,

"Ranganathan, Arun" <Arun.Ranganathan@xxxxxxxxx>

<equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

07/16/2009 08:47 AM

[equinox-dev] Override/Extend Eclipse Class Loading

Hi All,

I intend to setup the dev environment in Eclipse such that all reference classes are picked up from the Database rather than adding jars to the classpath.

I have created a URLClassLoader along with StreamHandlers etc and have successfully tested my 'custom' classloader. [test class -> load class -> invoke custom URL -> access DB -> stream bytes -> define/resolve class -> new Instance()]

Now, I need to integrate this CL with my Project. The issue is that all libraries, external jars etc are file oriented. In some posts I read that OSGI ClassLoading is different to URLClassLoading that I have done. Moreover I am not very conversant with OSGI.

I am continuing to research more in this area but a nudge in the right direction will save me time.

Any thoughts?

cheers
arun

"Misys" is the trade name for Misys plc (registered in England and Wales). Registration Number: 01360027. Registered office: One Kingdom Street, London W2 6BL, United Kingdom. For a list of Misys group operating companies please go to http://www.misys.com/corp/About_Us/misys_operating_companies.html. This email and any attachments have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners. This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not constitute the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys plc. Please refer to the executed contract between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting party with which you are dealing.