From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas Watson
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:40 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: RE: [equinox-dev] Support for the console in Equinox

As stated before, we have no plans to implement RFC 147 in the framework. Instead we would really like the implementation to be provided from a bundle installed on top of the framework. At this time we have not made any definitive plans to implement RFC 147 in Equinox. But if you are willing to commit resources to such an effort I would support starting an incubator project in equinox to develop this.

If you have incremental improvements to the existing Equinox console then please open bugs and provide patches. Then we can assess the code and decide if they are appropriate to put into the core framework (but as I stated before, the console already is bloating the framework considerably and I don't really want to add any more to that bloat).

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Kirchev, Lazar" ---04/30/2009 02:18:26 AM---Hi, First of all, in which release of the framework the "Kirchev, Lazar" ---04/30/2009 02:18:26 AM---Hi, First of all, in which release of the framework the implementation of RFC 147 is planned to be included?

"Kirchev, Lazar" <l.kirchev@xxxxxxx>

04/30/2009 02:18 AM

RE: [equinox-dev] Support for the console in Equinox

Hi,

First of all, in which release of the framework the implementation of RFC 147 is planned to be included?

We are interested in this being improved, because our support would immediately benefit from those enhancements, until the new implementation is available. Provided that RFC-147 will be shipped next year at earliest, we would have to handle this issue for at least 2 years, before we and our customers get it.

Since we use the telnet access to the console, some small improvements in its usability, as the ones mentioned in the original mail, will be of much help to us. This is certainly only for the period before the new, improved command line interface, defined in RFC 147, is delivered.

We may provide a small patch with some improvements for the telnet to make it more user-friendly in the current and probably the next release, before it is finally substituted by the new implementation.

Regards,

Lazar Kirchev