Re: [equinox-dev] Autostarting Bundles

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:51 PM, J B <moatas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a small server-side equinox application running.  I would like
to autostart a couple of other bundles automatically.  The
Eclipse-AutoStart is deprecated, and the Bundle-ActivationPolicy only
accepts 'lazy' as a value.

Is there an accepted way to auto start bundles without having the
explicitly in the config.ini?

We have used a solution in the past that require the plugins wishing
autostart to register an extension to a service that will start them
on their behalf.  But it seems like there must be a different way.

So, is there a reason you need bundles autostarted? Is this something that could be solved using Declarative Services (DS) since DS now listens for lazy bundles?

One strategy outside the p2.inf suggestion that Denis mentioned is using a product definition and tweaking the start levels from there.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top