From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Lippert
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:43 PM
To: Equinox development mailing list
Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Aspects: error can't determine
modifiersof missing type

Hi Oren!

The problem seems to occur when the jface bundle is woven and I assume
that the weaver cannot resolve the type from the pde-ui bundle that you
are using inside your aspect (the weaver needs to resolve that type if
its directly used within the pointcut). What happens if you re-export
the pde.ui bundle?

-Martin

Oren Mishali wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to write a simple aspect that prints a message when the Cancel
> button of a specific wizard (the Plug-in Project Creation Wizard) is
> pressed. Here is the aspect's code:
>

> import org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.wizards.plugin.NewPluginProjectWizard;
> //org.eclipse.pde.ui
>
> import org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard; // org.eclipse.jface
>

> public aspect PluginWizardCancelPressed {
>

>             after(): execution(* Wizard.performCancel(..)) &&
> this(NewPluginProjectWizard){
>
>                         System.out.println(thisJoinPoint);
>
>             }
>
> }
>

> Upon execution I get tons of errors (shown below), and the aspect has no
> effect. Note that everything works fine when rewriting the aspect in the
> following way:
>

> public aspect PluginWizardCancelPressed {
>

>             after(Object obj): execution(* Wizard.performCancel(..)) &&
> this(obj){
>
>                         if(obj instanceof  NewPluginProjectWizard)
>
>                                     System.out.println(thisJoinPoint);
>
>             }
>
> }
>

> Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Oren
>

> The errors:
>
> [org.eclipse.jface] error can't determine modifiers of missing type
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.wizards.plugin.NewPluginProjectWizard
>
> when processing type mungers org.eclipse.jface.preference.IPreferenceStore
>
> when processing type mungers
>
> when weaving
>
>  [Xlint:cantFindType]
>
> [org.eclipse.jface] error can't determine modifiers of missing type
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.wizards.plugin.NewPluginProjectWizard
>
> when processing type mungers org.eclipse.jface.internal.JFaceActivator
>
> when processing type mungers
>
> when weaving
>
>  [Xlint:cantFindType]
>
> [org.eclipse.jface] error can't determine modifiers of missing type
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.wizards.plugin.NewPluginProjectWizard
>
> when processing type mungers org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.IDialogSettings
>
> when processing type mungers
>
> when weaving
>
>  [Xlint:cantFindType]
>
> [org.eclipse.jface] error can't determine modifiers of missing type
> org.eclipse.pde.internal.ui.wizards.plugin.NewPluginProjectWizard
>
> when processing type mungers
org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferenceManager