Re: [equinox-dev] Code move timeline

There will still be a bundles directory. Basically the proposal at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_CVS_Structure will be used.

Tom

Inactive hide details for DJ Houghton ---07/22/2008 02:05:23 PM---As discussed in the Equinox call today, I compared the contenDJ Houghton ---07/22/2008 02:05:23 PM---As discussed in the Equinox call today, I compared the contents of the p2 project set files with the

DJ Houghton <DJ_Houghton@xxxxxxxxxx>

07/22/2008 02:05 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] Code move timeline

As discussed in the Equinox call today, I compared the contents of the p2 project set files with the list of bundles in the repository at: org.eclipse.equinox/p2/bundles/ and they are the same... all bundle should be copied during the Equinox move. (bundles which are not listed in the current psf file are part of the new publisher work)

As well, we should copy the p2 releng project:
org.eclipse.equinox/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.releng
Although I am not sure the best location for it.

Will the resulting folders in the RT repository have bundle/ folders with the bundles in them, or will the bundles be at the root? (e.g. org.eclipse.equinox/p2 or org.eclipse.equinox/p2/bundles?)

Inactive hide details for Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>

                  Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>

                  07/17/2008 02:04 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject

Re: [equinox-dev] Code move timeline

We discussed this at the Tuesday Equinox call. It looks like a large part of the team will be on vacation at the end of July. The proposal is to move the equinox projects to RT during the week of July 28th.

We also discussed what to do with the equinox incubator. At this time we are going to wait for the new Eclipse Development Process to be approved (hopefully in August). The new process should allow us to create incubator projects under any project in Eclipse. This will allow us to create an incubator project for equinox directly under the equinox project in RT.

Jeff and I have been discussing the layout of the different components of Equinox. Today we have Bundles, Framework, p2, Security. The Bundles category has become kind of a dumping ground for many unrelated bundles. We would like to split these bundles out into three categories:

osgi-compendium - All bundles that implement one of the osgi compendium specifications. This includes the following projects:
org.eclipse.equinox.app
org.eclipse.equinox.cm
org.eclipse.equinox.device
org.eclipse.equinox.ds
org.eclipse.equinox.event
org.eclipse.equinox.http
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty (jetty5 and jetty6 impls)
org.eclipse.equinox.io
org.eclipse.equinox.ip
org.eclipse.equinox.log
org.eclipse.equinox.metatype
org.eclipse.equinox.preferences
org.eclipse.equinox.useradmin
org.eclipse.equinox.util
org.eclipse.equinox.wireadmin
org.eclipse.osgi.services
org.eclipse.osgi.util

components - The bundles that provide infrastructure to developing components in Equinox. This includes the following projects:
org.eclipse.equinox.common
org.eclipse.equinox.registry
org.eclipse.equinox.transforms.hook
org.eclipse.equinox.transforms.xslt

server-side - The server side bundles.
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servletbridge
org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper
org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper.registry
org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge

This would result in the following CVS structure in RT

org.eclipse.equinox/components
org.eclipse.equinox/framework
org.eclipse.equinox/osgi-compendium
org.eclipse.equinox/p2
org.eclipse.equinox/security
org.eclipse.equinox/server-side

All commiters with rights to the projects contained in Bundles will continue to have access to all the projects which got moved to the three new categories. We are not trying to create more fine grained commit rights. Instead we are just trying to create a layout that makes sense in CVS and Bugzilla. Thoughts?

Tom

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault ---07/15/2008 10:18:13 AM---Hi, I would like to know what is the time line for movinPascal Rapicault ---07/15/2008 10:18:13 AM---Hi, I would like to know what is the time line for moving the equinox code into

Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>

07/15/2008 10:18 AM

[equinox-dev] Code move timeline

Hi,

I would like to know what is the time line for moving the equinox code into the runtime repository?

PaScaL