Re: [equinox-dev] Bundle start hangs

Are the bundles in the STARTING state using a lazy activation policy? The bundle would have an Eclipse-LazyStart or Bundle-ActivationPolicy manifest header. When a bundle uses a lazy activation policy it will wait in the STARTING state for the first class to be loaded out of it (the so called trigger class). Once the trigger class is loaded the bundle transition into the ACTIVE state.

Tom

Inactive hide details for "Saminda Abeyruwan" ---05/09/2008 06:12:31 AM---Hi Devs,"Saminda Abeyruwan" ---05/09/2008 06:12:31 AM---Hi Devs,

"Saminda Abeyruwan" <samindaa@xxxxxxxxx>

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/09/2008 06:12 AM

[equinox-dev] Bundle start hangs

Hi Devs,

I use config.ini and launch.ini files to configure the Equinox environment. I have listed all the bundles with proper start level in config.ini. I also org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.100.v20070322.jar. When some bundles being added in config.ini, the prior bundle will be in STARTING level. Is there any way I could debug, why this happens.

Thank you!

Saminda

--
Saminda Abeyruwan