[equinox-dev] Jetty and commons logging

I just had a terrible time getting a simple web app integration to work
because of a version mismatch between bundles. I assume that the folks here
have something to do with the bundles I was trying to use
(http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse), but please correct me if I am wrong.

The issue is to do with the fact that the jetty plugin, in maven notation
org.mortbay:jetty, has a dependence on commons logging, in OSGi notation
org.apache.commons.logging;version=[1.0.0,2.0.0). But the only commons
logging bundles I could find do not specify a version (hence the default
version 0.0.0 does not match).

Looks like it should be a common problem? I had to hack the jetty plugin to
remove the version range.  Is there a better solution?  Can someone deploy a
new build of the jetty plugin without the restriction? (The opposite
solution, to change commons-logging, doesn't appeal because I'd far rather
use the jcl104-over-sl4j version, which also doesn't specify a version.)