Re: [equinox-dev] naming examples

+1

  From:       Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx>

  Date:       11/25/2007 06:12 PM

  Subject:    Re: [equinox-dev] naming examples

I agree with John. Use org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*

Tom

(Embedded image moved to file: pic19569.gif)Inactive hide details for John
Arthorne ---11/21/2007 07:51:51 AM---My vote would be for sticking with the
Eclipse project namiJohn Arthorne ---11/21/2007 07:51:51 AM---My vote would
be for sticking with the Eclipse project naming conventions [1] and using
org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*. This co

 (Embedded image  (Embedded image moved to file: pic03291.gif)
 moved to file:   John Arthorne <John_Arthorne@xxxxxxxxxx>
 pic05615.gif)

 (Embedded image  (Embedded image moved to file: pic08343.gif)
 moved to file:   Equinox development mailing list
 pic11694.gif)    <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 (Embedded image  (Embedded image moved to file: pic15068.gif)
 moved to file:   11/21/2007 07:51 AM
 pic20422.gif)

 (Embedded image  (Embedded image moved to file: pic05075.gif)
 moved to file:   Re: [equinox-dev] naming examples
 pic27722.gif)

My vote would be for sticking with the Eclipse project naming conventions
[1] and using org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*. This convention is
consistently following in platform and JDT, and it would look odd if
someone downloaded the examples from the welcome page and the Equinox
examples didn't match.

[1] - http://wiki.eclipse.org/Naming_Conventions

 Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

 11/20/2007 09:26 PM                                  equinox-dev@eclipse.
                                                      org
                                                                        cc
                                                      (Embedded image
             Please respond to                        moved to file:
      Equinox development mailing list                pic08737.gif)
         <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 Subject
                                                      [equinox-dev] naming
                                                      examples

                                            (Embedded image moved to file:
                                            pic05376.gif)
                                             (Embedded image moved to
                                             file: pic26186.gif)

We have talked a few times about the need for a comprehensive set of
examples in Equinox. We may be able to get some folks to work on this so it
is interesting to look at the bundle/package namespace to use. The
immediate choice that springs to mind is
org.eclipse.equinox.examples.*
This follows the precedence of
org.eclipse.sdk.examples
org.eclipse.jface.examples

It has also been suggested that we use
org.eclipse.equionox.eg.*
to shorten things up.

Let me know if you have other suggestions and I'll put together an email
poll.

Thanks
equinox-dev mailing list
equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx