Re: [equinox-dev] [prov] M3 Testing status on Linux

Here's my latest status.  I still have to finish the manual updates test
and the installation from a remote repo and automatic updates tests to
complete.  See questions and errors below.

5. Reverting

✓ Using the Admin UI:
✓ - Create a new profile
✓ - Install an SDK
✓ - Install the releng tools
✓ Start the provisioned install
✓ - verify the presence of the releng tools
✓ Using the Admin UI:
✓ - Revert to the state where releng tools was not installed
✗ - does this mean just use the admin UI's uninstall operation?
✓ Start the provisioned install
✓ - verify the absence of the releng tools

7. Bundle pool

✓ Using the Admin UI:
✓  - Create a new profile
✓  - Install the SDK.
✓ Create a second profile
✓ Install the SDK in it
✓ - During the installation notice the dialog saying that only around
    50K should be "installed".
✓ - Notice that the download phase goes much faster.

8. Bundle pool in the eclipse install

✓ Using the Admin UI:
✓ - Create a new profile: in the dialog set the install folder and the bundle
    pool to the same location. It will be the root of your eclipse install.
✓ Install the SDK
✓ Verify that the plugins folder is located at a subfolder of the install
  location
✓ Verify that the path in the bundles.txt are relative.
✗ Verify that the path in the osgi.bundles property of the config.ini are
  relative
  - is this correct?
  osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_0.1.0.200711011014.jar@1\:start

  in the same config.ini as:

  osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.0.v20071031.jar

  - it starts up fine

9. Manual updates

✓ From the Admin UI
✓ - Create a profile
✓ - Install the SDK 3.4 M2 (or any version for which you will have an update in
✓the repository)
✓ - Install the User UI
✓ Start the provisioned SDK
✗ - need to add a step in here for adding the testUpdates repository or
    information on how to use a local repo
✓ - Go to the end user UI (Help>Software Updates (Incubation)
✗ - need to add a step in here for selecting the sdk (or whatever we
    want to update)
✓ - On the installed features page, push the "Check for Updates" button
✗ - I get the same version I installed as an option (20071031).  I
    assume this is because the randomly-generated qualifiers don't match?
✓ - You should get a dialog showing the newer version

----- Still to be completed -----

✓ - Accept the update, restart
  - still downloading
? - Verify that the end user UI now shows the new version in the installed
?   features list

6. Install from a remote repository

? Using the Admin UI:
? - Create a new profile
? - Point your repos to the repositories produced during the build
? - Install the SDK
? Start the provisioned install

10. Automatic updates

? From the Admin UI
? - Create a profile
? - Install the SDK 3.4 M2 (or any version for which you will have an update in
?   the repository)
? - Install the User UI
? Start the provisioned SDK
? - Go to the update preference and enable the auto update
? - Wait for a notification to show up
? - Accept the install, restart