[equinox-dev] Re: ClassNotFoundException with org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530/BND

Hi Karl,

Thanks - BND works perfectly. I was concerned that it might not pick up
the runtime packages (e.g. org.sax.xml) that aren't anywhere on the
classpath or any of import lists but in fact it does.

Must say this is quite a problematic default class loading
implementation though - I (more or less) understand the reasoning behind
the change but without something like BND to resolve all the references
it would be quite easy to have an Equinox based application running
happily for a month and then crashing (probably in the middle of
something important) when it suddenly needed a package (e.g.
javax.crypto) that hadn't been required before and that wasn't in the
import list.

And you wouldn't pick it up during development because PDE takes care of
the problem.

regards

Tony

> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:43:42 +0200
> From: "Karl Pauls" <karlpauls@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] ClassNotFoundException with,
> 	org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530
> To: "Equinox development mailing list" <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> You might want to look into Peter Kriens' BND tool which makes it easy
> to create your bundles and does calculate your imports for you:
>
> http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd
>
> regards,
>
> Karl

Back to the top