Re: [equinox-dev] ClassNotFoundException with, org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530

Fair enough, we have a button to calculate uses just for you now ;)

We always take feature enhancements to make your life easier within PDE. We don't bite:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=PDE

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

Inactive hide details for "Karl Pauls" ---09/19/2007 01:27:39 PM---> PDE has a Plug-in from Existing Jars wizard that does this"Karl Pauls" ---09/19/2007 01:27:39 PM---> PDE has a Plug-in from Existing Jars wizard that does this pretty well. Make > sure to check, "an

"Karl Pauls" <karlpauls@xxxxxxxxx>

09/19/2007 01:27 PM

Re: [equinox-dev] ClassNotFoundException with, org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530

> PDE has a Plug-in from Existing Jars wizard that does this pretty well. Make
> sure to check, "analyze library contents and add dependencies"

True, but the last time I checked this doesn't calculate the uses
constraints for packages. This is rather a short-coming so I'd still
recommend to look into BND which does that quite nicely :-)

BND has some eclipse and ant support and besides, in case you are
using maven there is a maven plugin available from Apache Felix that
uses BND.

regards,

Karl

http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd

>  regards,
>
>  Karl
>
>  On 9/19/07, Tony Seebregts <tony.seebregts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Hi Toni,
>  >
>  > Thanks for the suggestions - I experimented a bit with your suggestions
>  > and it seems there are two ways round the problem:
>  >
>  > - either explicitly include all the required libraries in the
>  > dependencies list as you suggested (which can be difficult as many of
>  > them only show up at runtime).
>  >
>  > - or set osgi.java.profile.bootdelegation=override (I'm
> not too sure of
>  > the consequences of this though).
>  >
>  > Changing the org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation or the
>  > osgi.contextClassLoader properties had no effect.
>  >
>  > regards
>  >
>  > Tony
>  >
>  > > Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:14:56 +0200
>  > > From: "Toni Menzel" <tonimenzel@xxxxxx>
>  > > Subject: Re: [equinox-dev] ClassNotFoundException with
>  > >       org.eclipse.osgi_3.3.0.v20070530
>  > > To: Equinox development mailing list <equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  > >
>  > > Usually you should import everything other than java.*
>  > > (so add javax.xml.xpath, javax.crypto to your Import-Package directive)
>  > > Check your org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation property.
> Usually equinox delegates everything to the bootclasspath (where javax
> resides) for historical reasons. But this behaviour is going to change and
> might have changed already in 3.3..
>  > >
>  > > /Toni
>  >