Re: [equinox-dev] [Prov] Build errors against CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1

Hi, Tim,

The faux pas was mine, Susan reported it earlier, and Pascal delivered the fix around noon today.  An interesting point was that the compiler compliance level for the project was 1.4, but the issue was not flagged.

Sorry for the problem

        - Dave
__________________________________

Dave Stevenson
dstevens@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 503-578-3578; T/L 775-3578

"Tim Webb" <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>

08/13/2007 05:46 PM

Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[equinox-dev] [Prov] Build errors against CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1

Hi,

I am running into some build errors with a few projects that appear to be due to dependencies on calls only available in Java 1.5.  The execution environment is listed as CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1 which is linking against 1.4 on my system.  One of the offending classes is LocalMetadataRepository with a reference to getCanonicalName().

Has anyone else seen this issue?  (This is building on an OS X system with 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 installed).

Cheers,
Tim