[equinox-dev] FWD: Question for Equinox class loading experts

Forwarding this message from Andy Piper, from the Spring/OSGi mailing list.

_____________

We are seeing an issue in equinox whereby if we install a bundle,
uninstall it and install it again the new bundle does _not_ get a new
classloader if the bundle is leaking memory. I think it works ok if
the old bundle's classes are all de-referenced, but in a complex
system that's quite a tall order.

We would expect the installation of a new bundle to _always_ result
in a new classloader being created, the fact that it isn't seems like
a bug to us.
Note that if we use a different name when we install the bundle again
we _do_ get a new classloader.

Any comments from the equinox experts appreciated!

Thanks

andy

Back to the top