[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[equinox-dev] FWD: Question for Equinox class loading experts
- From: Hal Hildebrand <hal.hildebrand@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:41:03 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Ace5q39Svb2FRCWeEdyu7AAbY5LlQw==
- Thread-topic: Question for Equinox class loading experts
- User-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.3.3.061214
Forwarding this message from Andy Piper, from the Spring/OSGi mailing list.
We are seeing an issue in equinox whereby if we install a bundle,
uninstall it and install it again the new bundle does _not_ get a new
classloader if the bundle is leaking memory. I think it works ok if
the old bundle's classes are all de-referenced, but in a complex
system that's quite a tall order.
We would expect the installation of a new bundle to _always_ result
in a new classloader being created, the fact that it isn't seems like
a bug to us.
Note that if we use a different name when we install the bundle again
we _do_ get a new classloader.
Any comments from the equinox experts appreciated!