[equinox-dev] Re: Splash screen customization with Swing

Andrew Niefer <aniefer@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Assuming you already have a bundle activated that does your existing
> splash screen, you can just put the swt-awt stuff there.

That relates to my previous question: What's the minimum set of
bundles required to use "the swt-awt stuff". Obviously I already have
access to AWT and Swing, and I've been confining my work to the
Equinox SDK. How much more would I need to bite off?

> There is an interface
> org.eclipse.osgi.service.runnable.StartupMonitor that you could
> implement and register a service with.  This will get you time on
> the main thread during startup if you need it.

Thanks, yes, I'm already using StartupMonitor, albeit indirectly by
way of providing a Runnable as a "splash handler" to EclipseStarter
and letting it wrap its DefaultStartupMonitor around it. I am planning
on writing my own StartupMonitor implementation, and thought it would
be nice to incorporate the "early splash" capability with my own
splash screen, rather than just planting a Swing screen right on top
of the early splash image.

--
Steven E. Harris

Back to the top