Re: [equinox-dev] org.osgi.framework.Bundle from java.lang.Class

Neil,

>Sounds like a job for Package Admin:
Perfect.

>But what does "outside the framework" mean?
A regular bundle running under Equinox rather than a framework extension.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

"Neil Bartlett" <njbartlett@xxxxxxxxx>

22/11/2006 12:13

Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] org.osgi.framework.Bundle from java.lang.Class

Hi Matthew,

Sounds like a job for Package Admin:

/**
* Returns the bundle from which the specified class is loaded. The class
* loader of the returned bundle must have been used to load the specified
* class. If the class was not loaded by a bundle class loader then
* <code>null</code> is returned.
* ...
*/
public Bundle getBundle(Class clazz);

But what does "outside the framework" mean? If you mean hat you're outside
an OSGi runtime, and therefore don't have access to the PackageAdmin
service, then you shouldn't need to care about the x-internal either.

Regards,
Neil