Re: [equinox-dev] Package access across plug-ins...

You can't do it with 2 bundles (plugins). Each bundles uses a distinct
class loader and package privacy does not cross class loader boundaries.
Fragments can access package private members since a fragment is loaded by
its host bundle's class loader.

BJ Hargrave
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM
hargrave@xxxxxxxxxx

office: +1 407 849 9117
mobile: +1 386 848 3788

"Kirby Bohling" <computerslicer23@xxxxxxxxxxx>
10/21/2006 07:38 PM
Please respond to

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] Package access across plug-ins...

All,

  I'm still working on the Unit testing application described in an e-mail

yesterday.  I am splitting my plug-ins so that test code is not with
application code.

   When I run the tests thru the "Run As -> JUnit Test", it works fine.
When I right click it and do "Run as JUnit Test Plug-in", I get an error
when I attempt to access anything that is "protected" or "package
protected"
scope?  I have several API's that expose calls to be used for testing as
protected or package level scope.

   It appears that Fragments would solve this problem, but I'd like to
have
one test plug-in for a number of plug-ins.  So I don't think I'd have
access
to all of the various tests unless I could have many hosts for the
fragment
(I don't believe that's possible).  I was curious if there is a way to to
give the plug-in org.foo.test access so that it can access org.foo
protected
constructors and package protected scope objects.  When the code is all in
single plug-in it appears to work fine.

   If this is an inappropriate list, a pointer to the correct list would
be
useful.

   Thanks,
        Kirby