[equinox-dev] dependent and registered buddy policies

Hi,

I'm using a registered buddy policy to solve a deserialization issue.
I tried setting Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered in my org.jboss.client
plugin which will do the deserializing and Eclipse-RegisterBuddy:
org.jboss.client in the plugin that defines the serialized classes.

This did not work, and after diving into the source I found out why:
the RegisteredPolicy is a stricter version of DependentPolicy: it
delegates to plugins which are registered AND which have a direct
dependency on the other plugin.

From the RegisteredPolicy javadoc:
Registered policy is an implementation of a buddy policy. It is
responsible for looking up a class in the bundles (registrant) that
declare interest in the bundle that require the buddy loading.  Note
that the registrants must have a direct dependency on the bundle
needing buddy.

Why is the explicit dependency necessary ? And why is this not documented ?

thanks,

Tom

Back to the top