[equinox-dev] HttpService

Hello,
    I am trying to develop a servlet that would utilize plugins, and I would like to use Equinox to accomplish the task.  I have a servlet ready, but I am not sure how I could register the servlet with the HttpService.  The code samples tend to mention the getHttpService() method, but I cannot seem to find that method.  The HttpListener class has a method with signature Object getService(), which returns an HttpService. Is there a canonical way to get an instance of the HttpService? I understand that the Http class has an HttpListener attribute, which has an HttpService object.  However, I am not sure if this is the right service that I would register with or how to register my servlet.

Is there any place I can check out some sample code? I have checked out the R4 compendium, but I am wondering if anyone has a working sample.

Also, do these servlets run within the Http plugin? OR can I deploy the servlets on a tomcat instnace?

I would sincerely appreciate any help.

Regards,
Khawaja Shams

Back to the top