From: equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:equinox-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ?? ??
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:51 PM
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [equinox-dev] Footprint of equinox

Knopflerfish  2.0.0 RC1, which seems compliant to OSGi Spec R4, was
released in May. http://www.knopflerfish.org/download.html

I found that the footprint of Equinox framework is much larger than one
of knopflerfish.

	Equinox:827KB
		(org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.0.v20060601.jar)

	Knopflerfish:  290KB
		(framework.jar in knopflerfish_osgi_tiny_2.0.0-RC1.jar)

The web page tells that "org.eclipse.osgi_3.2.0.v20060601.jar" contains
additional mechanisms (e.g., x-internal, platform filters, ...). That
must be one of reasons.

Was there anyone or project who tried to make a package which contains
only fundamental OSGi framework function ( minimal equinox) ? (If there
is, could you tell me how much was it?)