RE: [equinox-dev] debugging org.eclipse.osgi

Make sure you have one of the latest Eclipse 3.2 SDK builds.  I recommend the 3.2 M5a build.  The Equinox OSGi Framework launcher is new to PDE in 3.2.  You must have PDE (Plug-in Development Environment) installed.  PDE is included in the SDK so if you download that it should be included.

Tom

"Arjun Singh" <aasingh@xxxxxxxxx>

03/17/2006 08:14 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
RE: [equinox-dev] debugging org.eclipse.osgi

When I select Run > Debug…, I don’t see an option for Equinox OSGi Framework in the configurations window.  Do you mean debug it as a java application?  When I try that, I get a runtime exception indicating that the system manifest bundle is cannot be found.  Is there a plugin I need to install so that I see an option for debugging as Equinox OSGi Framework?

Thanks for the help,
Arjun

Re: [equinox-dev] debugging org.eclipse.osgi

Load osgi into your workspace. Then if you just need plain osgi, do Run > Debug... > Equinox OSGi Framework. Make sure osgi is selected, click the debug button. You are debugging :-)

PaScaL

"Arjun Singh" <aasingh@xxxxxxxxx>

03/17/2006 05:22 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] debugging org.eclipse.osgi

Hi,

How can I debug the org.eclipse.osgi project from within Eclipse?  What do I need to do to my run configuration?

Thanks,

Arjun