Re: [equinox-dev] server-side osgi

On Friday 28 October 2005 22:50, Jeff McAffer wrote:
> Some folks have been investigating OSGi on the server.  see...
>
> http://wiki.ops4j.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pax:wicket

Let's clarify... since I am the one who conducted the "investigation".

The purpose of the above article was to see if it was possible to implement
Wicket as the view into OSGi applications without any special Http Service,
no changes to Wicket and no funky classloading tricks.

The article describes how to run Wicket as a pure Servlet which can be
deployed in OSGi. Nothing more, nothing less... I don't like J2EE/EJB, never
did and probably never will. My world is not "request" or "transaction"
based, so the provided J2EE model is really poor.

Now, the question on the table is also revolving around how to deploy OSGi
inside Tomcat, Webspehere, JBoss et al. which is a totally different story,
and for someone else to find the answers to. :o)

Cheers
Niclas

Back to the top