Re: [equinox-dev] New equinox framework adaptor

Hi Martin,

Yes, you should use the org.eclipse.osgi from the general eclipse repository.  I prefer to keep a majority of my work done in the Eclipse proper (HEAD) stream, unless it is going to be a long term project that may not go into the current release of Eclipse.  The small changes I made to org.eclipse.osgi in HEAD just allow for other adaptors to work with eclipse that do not extend the EclipseAdaptor.  This was needed to allow for the new EquinoxAdaptor to work.  I view this as a small change to org.eclipse.osgi that should go into Eclipse 3.2 regardless of whether the new EquinoxAdaptor makes it into 3.2.  Let me know if you run into any issues running the EquinoxAdaptor.

Thanks.

Tom

Martin Lippert <lippert@xxxxxxx>

10/21/2005 08:04 PM

Please respond to
Equinox development mailing list

cc
Subject
Re: [equinox-dev] New equinox framework adaptor

Hi Thomas,

haven't tried too much yet but what confused me was that I needed the
org.eclipse.osgi bundle from the general eclipse repository instead of
the one from the incubator area to try this...

-Martin