Re[8]: [equinox-dev] OBR2

I think this is the discussion require-bundle versus Import-Package
all over again ... :-)

a priori grouping will favor popular platforms until the extent that
there will be only one dominant platform because is too hard to
support all. (Law of increasing returns). E.g. Microsoft windows.
Without grouping I think it is easier for a management system to
compose a set that is needed, allowing third parties to provide the
glue components.

And I never understood why things are not just merged in a single
bundle if they really have to be together ...

The diversity of the embedded market requires imho a flatter model.
But then again, I guess I am only a theoretician :-(

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens