Re: [equinox-dev] code cleanup/performance

Checking for potential sources of leaks would also be valuable.

McQ.

Jeff McAffer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/03/04 17:53
Please respond to
equinox-dev

equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[equinox-dev] code cleanup/performance

M8 is fast approaching.  The goal for the remaning time should be
functional completeness on as many fronts as possible.  We need to wrap
things up, pin them down or decide not to do them.

In the week following M8, I propose that we do a systematic scrubbing and
sanity checking of all the code from startup.jar up to
runtime.compatibility.  This includes things like
- performance
- data structures
- removing all deprecated, dead, code and fields
- scanning all TODOs and doing them
- ensure logging is correct/adequate
- etc etc.

Doing this early in M9 allows us to discover any major issues as well as
setting the stage for decreasing code changes as we approach M9.

Jeff

Back to the top