[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [equinox-dev] code cleanup/performance
- From: Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:10:42 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Checking for potential sources of leaks would also be valuable.
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Please respond to
[equinox-dev] code cleanup/performance
M8 is fast approaching. The goal for the remaning time should be
functional completeness on as many fronts as possible. We need to wrap
things up, pin them down or decide not to do them.
In the week following M8, I propose that we do a systematic scrubbing and
sanity checking of all the code from startup.jar up to
runtime.compatibility. This includes things like
- data structures
- removing all deprecated, dead, code and fields
- scanning all TODOs and doing them
- ensure logging is correct/adequate
- etc etc.
Doing this early in M9 allows us to discover any major issues as well as
setting the stage for decreasing code changes as we approach M9.