Re: [equinox-dev] Inconsistencies in the runtime plugin.xml and manifest.mf files

I would like to remove the bundle manifest files for runtime and runtime.compatibility since they should be able to be generated by the manifest generator.  This would illiminate the need to maintain the manifest and plugin.xml when they both contain very similar information.  Currently runtime dynamically imports a package from runtime.compatibility but the code in runtime can be updated to not require the import of the package by doing a Bundle.loadClass() instead of Class.forName() to obtain the class from runtime.compatibility.  The code already does this in two places but a third in Preferences is still using Class.forName() which requires the import of the packages by runtime.

This would illiminate the inconsistencies.  BTW, I think that runtime should re-export all three osgi bundles and runtime.compatibility should only re-export runtime.

Thomas Watson

DJ Houghton <DJ_Houghton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/16/2004 06:48 AM