Re: [equinox-dev] BundleContext and getName

I saw the discussion regarding the extra method in BundleContext to
get a bundle from its name.

We had this discussion in the past year in the OSGi and decided -not- to
extend the BundleContext interface to keep it as simple as possible.
There was quite a bit discussion about this.

One thing that I proposed, which would more or less fit with the
existing standard, is to register the bundle objects in the registry
with properties for name, id, module, version, etc. This will allow
you search for bundles with an OSGi filter. This may be a cleaner
method than adding methods to BundleContext

Kind regards,

     Peter Kriens

--
Peter Kriens                              Mob. +46705950899
34 Place René Nelli                       Tel. +33467871853

Back to the top