Re: [equinox-dev] 'Implicit' plug-ins to add

The project that contains the OSGi API is org.eclipse.osgi.
The project org.eclipse.osgi.framework.core is a part of the
implementation of the OSGi framework.

So for a bundle (which is not a plugin and therefore does not know
about org.eclipse.core.runtime), it needs to have the project org.eclipse.osgi
in its buildpath.

For a plugin, it should have org.eclipse.core.runtime,
which in turns re-export (buildpath) org.eclipse.core.runtime.osgi,
which in turns re-export (buildpath) org.eclipse.osgi.
So I guess the intention was that if you add 'org.eclipse.core.runtime'
to your plugin buildpath (as they all do I believe), then you get the
OSGi API for free.

Hope this helps.

Olivier Gruber, Ph.D.
Persistent & Distributed Object Platforms and Frameworks
IBM TJ Watson Research Center

Dejan Glozic <dejan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/03/2003 07:06 PM