Re: [epp-dev] Moving a package to Java 11 as requirement

Hi Mickael,

Frankly, as Ed pointed out, EPP doesn't really have a choice. If one of the projects drops its support for older versions of Java we can either live with it and update our minimum Java as well or drop/disallow the project from EPP.

I'm in favor of required Java 11 for all packages for 2020-06. I find 2020-03 a bit too short notice but one whole release cycle is sufficient IMO.

One thing we tried to maintain in the past is consistency, i.e. either raise the minimum required Java version for *all* package or *none*. I'm in favor of keeping that - although once we start shipping JREs with a package I would reduce my priority on this.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/