Re: [epp-dev] Important structural change in Eclipse Neon

On 24.02.2016 16:55, Mickael Istria wrote:
On 02/24/2016 04:47 PM, Markus Knauer wrote:
We certainly could move the org.eclipse.cdt feature back to its old
level below the EPP feature, but then we had the same problems with
independent updates again.
I believe the "import" strategy without version ranges allow independent
updates...

AFAIK, the updater only checks for updates to root features. So as long as the CDT EPP package feature isn't updated, you won't receive any updates for its contents, even if version ranges would allow that.

I'm not sure if you get updates for something that is contained in the EPP feature AND marked as a root feature, but I would guess so.

I read a bit though old bugs and found this bug 361722 [1] for Tycho;
it's a good read and for our change here I'd suggest to start with
comment 40.
...but it doesn't allow the independent uninstall listed on comment 40.
I didn't think about that use-case. So it's indeed not possible to use
"import".

Yatta Solutions GmbH
- Carsten Reckord -

  t  +49 (0)69 2475666-33