Re: [epl-discuss] GPL compatibility for EPL v2

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 05:03:40PM -0400, Mike Milinkovich wrote:
> My proposal would be that we look at what it would take to make the EPLv2
> optionally GPL-compatible.
[...]
> For this to be worthwhile, I think we would need to be able to provide
> compatibility with both GPL 2.1 and GPL 3.0.
>
> So esteemed readers: what do you think? Is this a good or bad idea? Is it
> even possible? I understand that GPL 2.1 compatibility can be more difficult
> (if not impossible) to accomplish.

What is GPL 2.1 in this context: (a) a theoretical future minor
revision of GPLv2, (b) a typo for LGPLv2.1, (c) a typo for GPLv2, (d)
something else? :)

I think addressing GPL compatibility in EPL 2.0 is a good idea, and
certainly worth doing, much as it was for MPL 2.0. The idea of an
optional approach seems okay.

Richard

Back to the top