[epl-discuss] [Topic] No warranty {WAS Copyleft provisions are not obvious]

I am interested in further exploring Jeff’s comment about the “…need to retain the concept of a derivative work (or its local legal equivalent)”. Especially the “local legal equivalent” part.

We at the Foundation fairly regularly have conversations with potential users of the EPL in Europe which raise two specific legal issues with the EPL:

1.       The use of US and New York law. (This has already been raised in a separate thread.)

2.       The lack of any warranty or liability at all, which I have been told many times is in violation of at least German law.

Resolving these two issues would be helpful. Or at least explicitly deciding as a community that we do not want to solve them.

Mike Milinkovich

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1.613.220.3223