[epf-dev] Sabre's Agile Methodology: OpenUP-ish?

hiho,

I was surfing around looking at some pages relating to the usage of agile techniques and I came across this very small article referencing the success Sabre is having in applying an agile process.

I was sort of put off by this erroneous-sounding snippet: “Sabre’s approach to agile development draws from other iterative programming techniques such as UML”.  Certainly UML can be an important development technique applied in iterative development, but I wouldn’t casually reference it as an “iterative programming technique”.

Anyway, the intriguing quote is this one: “As Sabre began developing a runtime infrastructure in 2004, project iterations would typically start with an inception phase — an evaluation of what Sabre’s products could do in a Web services environment — followed by an elaboration phase”.  Hmmm, agility and a set of phases starting with inception and then going on to elaboration.  And usage of UML.  Sounds like a great idea!

Back to the top